31/08/2015 - News
Warning of potential fraudulent job offers
Total has recently been made aware that there are a number of organisations falsely claiming to be recruiting on behalf of Total, or individuals claiming to work for, or be affiliated with, Total, offering job seekers positions within the company.
The people setting up these scams are professional criminals who aim to exploit genuine job seekers by asking for payments to be made or requesting sensitive personal details that can then be used in identify theft. Unfortunately they also often use legitimate employment web sites to attract genuine job seekers.
Please be advised that Total and the organisations that it entrusts with its recruitment requirements do not, and will not, ask for money from applicants under any circumstances or at any point in the selection and recruitment process. If any such payment is requested, please be advised that the party is not working on behalf of Total and its companies and is most likely involved in fraudulent job scams.
Employment with Total companies operating in Australia is only offered to candidates who have been through a formal recruitment process. This is the same for Total companies operating elsewhere in the world, and any Australian resident receiving job offers or invitations for interviews in locations outside of Australia, for example the UK or Middle East, should treat these with caution.
The following guidelines provide advice on Total’s recruitment process in Australia and suggest ways to spot a fraudulent job scam:
- We have rigorous selection procedures which would normally involve a face-to-face interview at one of our offices in Australia;
- We will not send unsolicited offers of employment by email, either directly or indirectly through an agent;
- We never request any money from applicants or ask you to disclose sensitive information such as your bank or financial details, your passport number or birth certificate. You should never disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know;
- We will not ask for payment for flights, visas, additional visa fees, travel insurance, health-screening, police checks, or security checks. Any such requests are indicators of fraud;
- We will never use a Hotmail or Yahoo or similar service email address for correspondence with an applicant. All legitimate Total email addresses will end in “@total.com”; and,
- We will not provide mobile telephone numbers as the only phone contact details.
If you feel you have been a victim of fraud, you should report this to your local police department.
For information on our current vacancies, please visit our Group Careers web site http://www.careers.total.com/.